Video Series Focuses on Flood Recovery
Cleaning up after a house floods, and dealing with the emotional toll it generates, can be a long, hard process. To help families deal with issues ranging from cleaning a kitchen and avoiding pest problems, to house cleanup and emotional distress, educators with NC State Extension have developed a series of educational YouTube videos.
Topics covered in the series include:
- Emotional Difficulties
- Kim Allen discusses ways to cope with stress.
- Food Safety
- Basic Home Clean Up
- Products to Clean Your Home
- Dr. Mike Waldvogel explains some of the basic products to help you clean your home after a flood — including all-purpose cleaner, bleach, sprayers and deodorizers.
- Avoiding Pest Problems
- Waldvogel discusses common problems with wildlife and insects.
Spanish Resources Available
Many of these topics are also covered by Michelle Estrada, Extension agent in Wayne County, in two Spanish-language videos.
- In Part I, she discusses safety, carpeting, furniture, mattresses and cleaning supplies.
- In Part 2, she covers kitchen cleanup, books, electric devices, toys and more.