Hope4NC Helpline Available for COVID-19, Hurricane Stress
The Hope4NC Helpline (1-855-587-3463) is a statewide resource for North Carolinians experiencing stress and trauma from COVID-19 or natural disasters like Hurricane Isaias. People can call 24/7 to speak to a live person and get connected to additional mental health and resilience supports.
Multiple languages are supported, including Spanish. For those with hearing impairments, TTY is available as well.
Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can be overwhelming for adults, youth
and children. Everyone has different stress responses that may include:
- Feeling alone
- Irritable or feeling out of sorts
- Head, stomach or body aches
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty concentrating, forgetful
- Fear for your own health
- Worried about the health of your family or friends
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs
- Feeling stuck, no time for self-care
- Looking for ideas to stay calm and healthy
Download the information sheet (PDF) for more details: